Robert James (R. J.) Lennix was a pillar of the East Bexar Community of Mount Olive. He was born in Alabama in January of 1822. He was the brother of Lucinda Lennix Walters. R.J. Lennix married Mary Walters on September 10, 1843 in Nacogdoches, TX. Mary died before 1846. Mary’s parents are unknown.
On July 25, 1846 R.J. received a Nacogdoches 3rd Class land grant for 320 acres in Henderson Co., TX as a single male arriving in Texas between 1837 and 1840.
On April 14, 1852, R.J. married Susan E. Logan in Bexar County. Susan was born in Alabama in 1827; she was the daughter of John B. Logan, Sr. In 1850, the John B. Logan, Sr. family was living in Smith County, Texas next to Mary Walters, the widow of Charles M. Walters (the brother of Boly C. Walters, Sr.).
In October of 1856, R.J. registered his brand in Bexar County; he was “residing” on the Chupaderas. In 1858, R.J. purchased 160 acres on the San Antonio-Sulphur Springs Rd. in the Wm McMinn Nuner survey in Bexar County. He is associated with the Mount Olive Community.
In 1860, Susan and R.J. were living with her brother, Reuben H. Logan, in Valley in Bexar County. This was the Cibolo Valley area of eastern Bexar County. R.J. was working as a rancher (stock raiser).
During the Civil War, Susan Logan Lennix’s brothers Reuben H. and Jeremiah Logan fought in Co. I, 3rd TX Infantry (Capt. James Trainer’s Co.). It is likely both perished from wounds suffered in the war. John B. Logan, Jr. served with Capt. Trainer’s Co., also. He suffered severe wounds, but he survived for ten years following the war.
On September 2,1864 R.J. adopted Robert B. Logan, the son of John B. Logan, Jr. and his wife Sarah. Bob Logan was Susan Logan Lennix’s nephew.
On February 15, 1866, R.J. married Mary E. “Mollie” Hazelwood in Bexar County.
On January 25, 1871, R.J. purchased 200 acres in the Worsham survey in Bexar County.
R.J. died on January 27, 1903; he was buried at Adkins, Texas. Mollie inherited this property when R.J. died. R.J. was probably interred in the Adams Cemetery, as that is where Mollie was buried upon her death in 1918.