Nov 18 2014

The Historical Post Office in present day St. Hedwig has been located at several sites and has possessed two official names: Cottage Hill and St. Hedwig. Taken from the records of the Postmaster General of the United States, this is a list of the individuals who served as their Postmasters. 

Cottage Hill - Postmasters

20 July 1860 William A. Jackson
23 January 1867 Discontinued
23 October 1871 Re-established
23 October 1871 John Humphrey
18 June 1877 Moved to St. Hedwig, Texas

 

St. Hedwig - Postmasters

18 June 1877 Frank Felix
5 April 1881 (Mrs.) Frances Kotula
17 August 1881 William Singer (Saenger)
18 August 1883 Joseph M. Zizik
4 March 1895 Theo Felix
6 January 1900 Declined by Joseph R.
   Dunstin (Dornstin)
31 May 1900 Discontinued – paper to Adkins
13 August 1900 Re-established
13 August 1900 Andreas Strzelczyk
5 January 1916 Phillip Cellmer
31 May 1953 Conrad Cellmer